Indoor Soccer - Futsul Ball
2019 - Season Five
10/31/18: All Groups are full. No further registrations will be accepted. Sorry.
Eight Games. Futsul style league.
No physical contact above the waist. Jan-March. Located at Sequim Boys and Girls Club.
Soccer Season - 5th Annual
Ages 9 to 99.
Registration open now until Dec 03 on first come first serve basis as we have limited space.
Dates: Sundays. Dec 30 (2018). Jan 6, 13, 20, 27. Feb 3, 17 and 24 (no sessions on 10th) and then the 8th session on 3/3/2019
Starts at 3 pm with youth.....ending at 6 pm for
U10-U12 group (ages 8-11). Arrive at 1:45. Done at 2:45. They will play two 25 minute games.
This groups if FULL.
U13-U15 group (ages 12-14). Arrive at 2:45. Done at 4:15. They will play three 25 minute games.
This groups if FULL.
Adults / Teens U16+ group. Arrive 4:15, done by 6 pm. They will play three or four 25 minute games.
This groups if FULL.
Cost: *$25 per player for the season. (8 to 9 sessions, each with 45-90 minutes playing time).
monies collected go to either B&G club (facility rental) and StormKing FC.
*Youth who did not play fall soccer anywhere in Washington State have an additional $15.25 to WSYSA (individual insurance). Just add the extra $15.25 via mailed check if you know your youth did not play this fall in any of the soccer organizations. We are required to verify every youth player prior to the start.
There is no extra insurance fee for adults.
• Games are played 5v5 (with the goal keeper).
• Substitutions are unlimited and can be done on the fly (during play).
• We supply all the equipment except your tennis shoes and shin guards.
• Futsal ball (low bounce soccer ball created for indoor soccer) will improve your skills.
How to Sign up (Register):
#1: Pay $25 fee via paypal (see below) or mail in check to Sequim FC. You can
also pay for each day you play ($10 per day, and if rosters not full
Step #2: Download waiver/registration combined form (located at bottom of our home page), fill out and email (scan or photograph image) or bring to first game. Must have prior to playing.
Step #3: Show up for fun. We will divide groups by age. We will supply referee's, pinnies with numbers, the ball, goals with next etc.
Step #4: Show up with shin guards (strongly recommended) and shoes (tennis or indoor soccer) and have fun.
All Groups: Minimum 12 per group (as 10 on the field at one time needed). Max 18 sign per group (so we all get plenty of playing time). It will be a pure scrimmage style. Mix and match players to keep teams even and keep the fun going. Coed.
The football greats forged by futsal!
Messi is by no means the only superstar with futsal roots. Apart from the Argentinian wizard, the likes of Pele, Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi and Ronaldo learned the trade in the sports hall.............
Special Indoor Rules
We are playing with the WSYSA futsal adapted rules for both the adults and children.
Similar to regular soccer except:
1. No slide tackling.
2. Goalkeepers cannot punt the ball nor throw it in the air more than half the gym distance.
4. No Player to Player Contact above the waist: This is to promote a style of play which focuses on reading the game and technical ability.
Players may not make contact above waist height. In regular soccer, one can use their shoulder to push another player....this will not be allowed.
Any contact above waist high results in an in-direct free kick against the offending team.
Footwear: the only types of footwear permitted are canvas or soft-leather training or gymnastic shoes with soles of rubber or a similar material. Regular tennis shoes or indoor soccer shoes are good options.
Position of the indirect free kick:
• The players of the opposing team may form a wall to defend a free kick.
• All opponents shall be situated at least 10 feet from the ball.
Beginning with the sixth accumulated foul recorded against either team in each half:
• The defending team's players may not form a wall to defend a free kick
• The goalkeeper shall remain in his penalty area at a distance of at least 5 yards from the ball
• All the other players shall remain on the pitch behind an imaginary line that is level with the ball and parallel to the goal line, and outside the penalty area. They shall remain 5 yards away from the ball and may not obstruct the player taking the free kick. No player may cross this imaginary line until the ball has been struck and starts to move.
The Penalty Kick: There are not penalty or direct kicks. All are indirect.
The kick-in is a method of restarting play.
A goal may not be scored directly from a kick-in.
• shall be awarded when the whole of the ball crosses the touch line, either along the ground or through the air, or hits the ceiling
• shall be taken from the place where the ball crossed the touch line
• shall be awarded to the opponents of the player who last touched the ball
The Goal Kick:
The goal kick is a method of restarting play.
A goal may not be scored directly from a goal clearance.